December 27, 2012

Already Given

Day 2 

Oh my goodness... So I worked produce today from 8 to 4... So much heavy lifting my back is hurting so bad, especially my tail bone! Well anyway, I ending up taking a two hour nap or so - much needed, and I feel better now (: 

I downloaded the YouVersion bible app today and read John 1:1-18 to my mom and dad. It's a good reminder that us humans need a Saviour, that we aren't kinds of the world (the creator created it all, we have just used what He's created!), and that God is extremely gracious. Extremely seems so small compared to how gracious God really is.  

In verse 16, it says: Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given.  

While I was reading it, I honestly paused to taken in what I had just said out loud.... 'Grace in place of grace already given'. Wow.  

In 1 John 4:19 it says that we love because He first loved us... and through faith it is by grace we have been saved (Ephesians 2:9). My understanding is that God, in His unfailing and divine love, has allowed us to receive His grace through our faith in Christ Jesus. And then has graciously given us even more grace. The fact that I'm alive and that I know God has amazing plans for me (Jeremiah 29:11) is because of His grace. I have nothing to fear, God will see me though every good time and every bad (Joshua 1:9), He is with me wherever I am. I can do anything I need to do through Christ who strengthens me. 

I should get some sleep now, thanks for reading.
Amanda on December 27, 2012 at 11:50pm

No comments:

Post a Comment